This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you, the user, or that you may provide when you visit any of our websites, which include www.geogroup.com, www.geogroupfoundation.com, www.bi.com, and www.abraxasyfs.com (collectively, the “Websites”), and it describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Websites;
- in e-mail, text, or other electronic messages between you and any of the Websites;
- through any download you may make from the Websites; and
- when you interact with third-party websites or services linked to the Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party, excluding our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may elect not to use Websites. However, by accessing or using any of the Websites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, which we may change from time to time with or without notice. Your continued use of the Websites following any changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Websites, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. However, this information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store information like the following concerning your visit:
- the Internet domain (e.g., “company.com” or “school.edu”);
- your IP address from which you access the Websites;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the Websites;
- the date and time you access the Websites;
- Website pages you visit; and
- if you linked to the Websites from another website, the address of such site.
We use this information to help us make the Websites more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to the Websites, and the types of technology our visitors use.
Additionally, certain features of our Websites may use locally stored objects (or “Flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are similar to browser cookies, except that they can store data more complex than simple text. Flash cookies, by themselves, cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. In addition, flash cookies cannot access or remember your e-mail address or other personal information unless you provide the information on our site. We use flash cookies to provide you with a better user experience. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. You can manage and disable flash cookies by clicking here
Information You Provide to Us
We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide it to us. If you provide us with personally identifiable information by, for example, sending us an e-mail or filling out a form and submitting it through the Websites, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request. Uses of that information are described on the pages containing such form. Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When you click the “Submit” button on any of the forms found on the Websites, you are indicating your voluntary consent to use of the information you submit for the purpose stated.
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include (i) information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us; and (iii) your search queries, if any, on the Websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, as applicable.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites.
We make every effort to disclose clearly how information is used at the point where it is collected so you can determine whether you wish to provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of GEO’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GEO about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to government or regulatory requests.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GEO, our customers, or others.
Retention of Information
We destroy the information we collect when the purpose for which it was provided has been fulfilled unless we are required to keep it longer by statute or official policy. Electronically submitted information is maintained and destroyed according to the principles of the Federal Records Act and the regulations and records schedules approved by the National Archives and Records Administration, and in some cases information submitted to us may become an agency record and therefore might be subject to a Freedom of Information Act request.
Also, GEO is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by non-GEO sites that may link to the GEO Websites.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, GEO’s systems employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act or other law.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
With respect to those portions of the Websites where your personal information may be stored, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
621 NW 53rd Street, Suite 700
Boca Raton, Florida 33487
Links to other sites